Tuesday 12 June 2012

Sweet Corn and Broccoli Lumaconi Pasta

I normally have dry pasta at home especially for those days when you are hungry but doesn’t want to spend too much time in the kitchen and although I like to create new sauces I have to say that a regular tomato sauce is by far my favourite. You will see that I added sugar into the sauce, I know that might seem a bit weird but the reason for that is that sugar reduces the acidity of the industrial tomato sauce.


Ingredients:
250g of lumaconi pasta (most dry pasta are vegan)
150g broccoli
1 small can of sweet corn (the one that is no added salt and sugar)
3 cloves of garlic
1 medium onion chopped
1 jar of tomato sauce (I used Dolmio Tomato & Basil sauce)
1 tbsp mustard
1 tbsp sugar
10g chives chopped
Salt
Black pepper
Dairy Free Parmazano to sprinkle
Spinach leafs


Method:
1 – Cook the pasta as per the package instructions until al dente. I normally put salt on the water so the pasta gets salty without having to put more salt later on
2 – Fry the onions and garlic until tender
3 – Add the broccoli, sweet corn, chives and black pepper and stir for about 7 minutes
4 – Add the tomato sauce, mustard and sugar and stir in low fire for another 5 minutes
5 – Pour the sauce to the pasta and serve with fresh spinach leafs and Parmazano.

Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment